About Westgate Resorts
Westgate Resorts provides a diverse range of vacation experiences. From sandy beaches on the Atlantic Ocean to snow-covered Utah mountains, families can affordably experience the country’s most desirable vacation destinations. A world leader in the timeshare and hospitality industry, Westgate has resorts in Florida, Tennessee, South Carolina, Missouri, Utah, Nevada, and Arizona. Westgate meets every vacation expectation, for every family, for every budget. As we continue growing, we will continue offering the best and most-affordable vacation options out there!
About Westgate Vacation Villas & Town Center Resort
Westgate Vacation Villas & Town Center Resort, which boasts more than 3,000 accommodations, offers you a great opportunity to meet and share stories with guests who arrive from around the world to enjoy Central Florida’s world-famous theme parks and attractions. Enjoy the surroundings and excitement that our world-class resort offers such as 14 heated outdoor pools, 14 hot tubs and the state-of-the-art Ship Wreck Island Water Park.
Cashiers as primary contact to guests and team members upon arrival in outlet and on phone. Specifically responsible for the following detailed duties.
As a Cashier, you will
- Presents menu to guest, responds to menu item inquiries in professional and accurate manner.
- Takes guests orders following department guidelines.
- Deliver guest orders following department guidelines.
- Balancing of daily receipts, including but not limited to: cash, vouchers, credit cards and In-house charges.
- Confirms and completes daily reservation lists, assists all other position in department for support and assistance.
- Cashing out checks.
- Accepting approved forms of payment adhering to accounting standard (with full and complete accountability) up to and including but not limited to : cash, credit cards, vouchers and in-house charges.
- Follows and complies with all departmental cash/check handling procedures.
- Taking guest food orders following department guidelines.
- Greets all guests that arrive within visible area.
- Takes guest orders via telephone following department guidelines.
- Selects requested food items from serving/kitchen or storage areas and assembles items for guest pickup following department guidelines.
- Applies suggestive selling techniques to provide helpful guest service and maximize sales.
- Records information pertaining to services rendered.
- Arrange restaurant reservations for guests following department guidelines.
- Maintains cash drawer/bank accountability per company policies.
- Compliance to department standard operating procedural manual to include: service standards, cash/check handling procedures, menu interpretation, safety and security, stocking and requisitioning.
- Conformance to Government and Company Safety, Security and Sanitation requirements.
- Conform to discount/complimentary guest check procedures.
- Participate in company monthly Goals & Measurements Program.
- Responsible for providing Excellent Service to owners and guests alike.
- Perform POS system responsibility per guidelines.
- Respond to guest inquiries, complaints in a professional and urgent manner.
- Maintain required department records with accuracy.
- Compliance to buffet/special event food and beverage check/cash procedures.
- Follow guest walk-out department procedures.
- Ability to comprehend daily features/specials and memorization of regular food menus and beverage lists.
- Apply menu knowledge to successful suggestion selling techniques. Salesmanship.
- Complete opening/running/closing duties as assigned.
- Conform to department training standards.
- Forward vendor supply invoices/package item detail slips to supervisor in a timely manner.
- Compliance to department vehicle and key security procedures.
To perform this job successfully, you must have excellent communication skills and be able to read, write and speak English fluently. Additionally, the person must possess and adhere to the following core values:
- Work Ethic
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or a minimum of 1 years’ experience in a similar role with in-depth knowledge of restaurant best practices and cooking methods.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, talk, and hear. In addition, the employee is occasionally required to taste and smell. The team member frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Comprehensive health benefits – medical, dental and vision
- Paid Time Off (PTO) – vacation, sick, and personal
- Paid Holidays
- 401K with generous company match
- Get access to your pay as you need it with our Daily Pay benefit
- Family benefits including pregnancy, and parental leave and adoption assistance
- Wellness Programs
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Military Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life, Disability, Accident, Critical Illness & Hospital Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Exclusive discounts for Team Member (i.e., hotels, cruise, resorts, restaurants, entertainment, etc.)
- Advancement & development opportunities
- Community Involvement Programs
Westgate Resorts is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other protected status under federal, state or local law. If you have a disability and believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to complete your application or any part of the recruiting process, please email WGAccommodations@wgresorts.com with the job title and the location of the position for which you are applying.