About Westgate Vacation Villas & Town Center Resort:
Westgate Vacation Villas & Town Center Resort, which boasts more than 3,000 accommodations, offers you a great opportunity to meet and share stories with guests who arrive from around the world to enjoy Central Florida’s world-famous theme parks and attractions. Enjoy the surroundings and excitement that our world-class resort offers such as 14 heated outdoor pools, 14 hot tubs and the state-of-the-art Ship Wreck Island Water Park.
Assessing situations and evaluating options quickly is how you operate. As a plumber whose main priority is to problem-solve, we need your skilled talent to ensure efficiency in our day-to-day operations.
As a Plumber, you will:
- Perform engineering projects, guest calls, blitzes and preventative maintenance in units, common areas and grounds as instructed by resort leadership.
- Communicates proactively regarding maintenance issues, processes and resolutions.
- Proactively participates in procurement and inventory process to ensure materials and tools are on-site for work.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of how plumbing systems operate and how to fully install, troubleshoot, repair and replace equipment as applicable in resort operations such as booster pumps, water heaters and recirculation pumps, boilers, lift station pumps, domestic and sanitary water fixtures, F&B equipment, appliances, pool equipment and life safety equipment.
- Ability to effectively operate resort operations devices & software (HotSOS) by communicating professionally through radios, phones, emails and verbal communications.
- Basic ability to read & interpret blueprints, technical data and O&M manuals.
- Perform custodial and maintenance duties, as required by resort leadership.
- Ability to perform basic plumbing installations and maintenance on toilets, bathtubs, jacuzzi tubs, showers, faucets and sinks up to and including unclogging, troubleshooting, repairs and replacement.
- Ability to install plumbing rough-ins for domestic, sanitary, storm and fire safety piping and their respective fittings and supports according to state code for compliance.
- Ability to work with piping and fitting materials including CPVC, PVC, PEX, copper, cast iron, black steel, brass and any other applicable.
- Ability in connecting piping through glue, soldering, welding, pressure pressing, mechanical fittings and any other applicable fittings.
- Ability to perform pipe leak tests by filling system with water or air and reading pressure gauges to determine whether system is leaking.
- Must have the ability to recognize and resolve potential hazards in the property.
- Ability to safely use hand tools, electrical and battery powered tools and any other pertinent tool required by the work at hand.
- Ability to work using of ladders, scaffolds, lifts, dust masks and work in confined/tight spaces.
- Must have the ability to follow safety guidelines/practices and recognize and identify potential hazards in the property.
- Ability to communicate and interpret client needs by positively interacting towards resolutions.
- Must be able to work independently and with minimal to no supervision or support.
- Must comply with all CFI policies and procedures.
- Must represent Westgate Resorts in a professional manner through appearance, dress and professional behavior at all times, as dictated in the Team Member’s Handbook.
- Must work diligently to gain knowledge and experience to execute their role to its full potential.
- Other duties as assigned by resort operations leadership.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum High School diploma, Bachelors or Associate’s in a maintenance related field preferred.
- Plumbing technical training and/or certification preferred.
- 2 years in Engineering/Maintenance/Plumbing operations in a resort/commercial environment preferred.
To perform this job successfully, you must have excellent communication skills and be able to read, write and speak English fluently. Additionally, the person must possess and adhere to the following core values:
- Work Ethic
- Comprehensive health benefits – medical, dental and vision
- Paid Time Off (PTO) – vacation, sick, and personal
- Paid Holidays
- 401K with generous company match
- Get access to your pay as you need it with our Daily Pay benefit
- Family benefits including pregnancy, and parental leave and adoption assistance
- Wellness Programs
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Military Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life, Disability, Accident, Critical Illness & Hospital Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Exclusive discounts for Team Member (i.e., hotels, cruise, resorts, restaurants, entertainment, etc.)
- Advancement & development opportunities
- Community Involvement Programs
- Westgate Resorts prides ourselves on the safety and health of our team members against Covid-19 and follows all applicable laws and guidelines
Westgate Resorts is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other protected status under federal, state or local law. If you have a disability and believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to complete your application or any part of the recruiting process, please email WGAccommodations@wgresorts.com with the job title and the location of the position for which you are applying.