ABOUT WESTGATE RESORTS
Westgate Resorts provides a diverse range of vacation experiences. From sandy beaches on the Atlantic Ocean to snow-covered Utah mountains, families can affordably experience the country’s most desirable vacation destinations. A world leader in the timeshare and hospitality industry, Westgate has resorts in Florida, Tennessee, South Carolina, Missouri, Utah, Nevada, and Arizona. Westgate meets every vacation expectation, for every family, for every budget. As we continue growing, we will continue offering the best and most-affordable vacation options out there!
About Westgate Vacation Villas & Town Center Resort:
Westgate Vacation Villas & Town Center Resort, which boasts more than 3,000 accommodations, offers you a great opportunity to meet and share stories with guests who arrive from around the world to enjoy Central Florida’s world-famous theme parks and attractions. Enjoy the surroundings and excitement that our world-class resort offers such as 14 heated outdoor pools, 14 hot tubs and the state-of-the-art Ship Wreck Island Water Park.
Assists Chef with preparing Meals, implementing menus and controlling food preparation
- Assume all Executive Chef responsibilities in his/her absence.
- Assists with menu design & development.
- Assist in the establishment and maintenance of the inventories of all F&B areas within department guidelines. Ensure compliance to food product ordering, receiving and inventory control.
- Prepare and adjust kitchen schedules to ensure presence of management / supervisory staff on each shift with objective to meet customer service standards.
- Conduct inspections of all food storage and service areas for conformance with Government / Company safety, security and sanitation requirements.
- Maintains current and accurate standard operating procedural manuals to include: menu item preparation and specifications, safety and security, purchasing, ordering, receiving, stocking, requisitioning and internal audit policies.
- Responds to guest inquires and complaints in a professional and urgent manner.
Maintains accurate outlet analytical information throughout the year to support budgeting planning.
- Attends and participates in required department manager meetings
- Directs and observes workers engaged in preparing, portioning and garnishing foods to ensure methods of cooking and garnishing portions are as prescribed.
- Cooks and carves meats and prepares dishes during rush periods and for banquets, social functions and a la carte dining.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training back of the house team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must possess excellent customer service skills. Must have ability to be a self-starter without need for direction, work well with others, be organized, detailed on accuracy and security, and able to meet deadlines. Must have knowledge of work processing and spreadsheet knowledge.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
College or university program certificate; or two to four years related experience and / or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Food Handlers Certification required within 30 days of hire and must be maintained on a current valid status. Must successfully attend mandatory training programs.
- Comprehensive health benefits – medical, dental and vision
- Paid Time Off (PTO) – vacation, sick, and personal
- Paid Holidays
- 401K with generous company match
- Get access to your pay as you need it with our Daily Pay benefit
- Family benefits including pregnancy, and parental leave and adoption assistance
- Wellness Programs
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Military Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life, Disability, Accident, Critical Illness & Hospital Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Exclusive discounts for Team Member (i.e., hotels, cruise, resorts, restaurants, entertainment, etc.)
- Advancement & development opportunities
- Community Involvement Programs
Westgate Resorts is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other protected status under federal, state or local law. If you have a disability and believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to complete your application or any part of the recruiting process, please email WGAccommodations@wgresorts.com with the job title and the location of the position for which you are applying.